International Council On Large Electric Systems (CIGRE), 21 Rue d'Artois, 75008 PARIS, FRANCE
Tel: +33 1 53 89 12 90; Fax: +33 1 53 89 12 99
Email of Secretary General: Francois.Meslier@Cigre.Org
Date of inception : CIGRE was founded in 1921 with its HQ at PARIS
Aims and Objectives:
CIGRE (International Council on Large Electric Systems) is one of the leading worldwide Organizations on Electric Power Systems, covering their technical, economic, environmental, organisational and regulatory aspects.
A permanent, non-governmental and non-profit International Association, based in France, CIGRE was founded in 1921 and aims to:
• Facilitate the exchange of information between engineering personnel and specialists in all countries and develop knowledge in power systems.
• Add value to the knowledge and information exchanged by synthesizing state-of-the-art world practices.
• Make managers, decision-makers and regulators aware of the synthesis of CIGRE's work, in the area of electric power.
More specifically, issues related to planning and operation of power systems, as well as design, construction, maintenance and disposal of HV equipment and plants are at the core of CIGRE's mission. Problems related to protection of power systems, telecontrol, telecommunication equipment and information systems are also part of CIGRE's area of concern.
Establishment of Indian Chapters:
CIGRE India was set up as society on 24.07.91 with CBIP as secretariat.
I. Collective Members (I) - (companies of industrial and commercial nature)
II. Collective Members (II) - (Universities, Engineering Colleges ,Technical Institutes and regulatory commission)
III. Individual Members -
(In the engineering, teaching or research professions as well as of other professions involved in the industry ( Lawyers, economists, regulators...)
IV. Young Members (Below 35 Years Of Age) -
(In the engineering, teaching or research professions as well as of other professions involved in the industry( Lawyers, economists, regulators...)
• A free delivery of the ELECTRA Journal, a bilingual (French/English) magazine issued every two months which publishes the results of work performed by the CIGRE Study Committees and informs on the life of the Association.
• Reduced registration fees for Sessions and Symposia.
• Session and Symposium Papers and Proceedings available at a preferential price (50 %).
• Technical Brochures and other Reports at a preferential price, or free of charge when downloaded from CIGRE on-line Bookstore.
• A Membership Directory which is a link between members and an essential tool for contacts, free of charge.
• Updated Information about CIGRE International and other Meetings of interest for members.
• The assistance of the Central Office for any query.